Thursday, October 12, 2006

So it snowed in Minnesota...

Ok, so I've been meaning to post for a while and haven't. Things have kind of fallen into a routine though, and I'm feeling pretty settled. I'm really starting to appreciate a lot of things about living in Gross Bieberau. I've been seeing more students around town, and faces are starting to be familiar. Plus, the weather the past week has been great! Although it's been foggy and cool in the mornings, most of the afternoons have been sunny and warm. This afternoon Emily and I went and walked around the Naturpark outside of town. It was great - perfect weather!

Things at school are going pretty well. Things are definitely picking up. Break started this weekend, so I have 2 weeks free, but after break, I think I will be pretty busy. I will hopefully be starting up with some tutoring to make some extra money. In addition my English AG (after school club that will include creative writing, discussion, short stories, and maybe some films) will be starting the first Thursday after break. There seems to be quite a bit of interest, so that's exciting. I think the students are getting more comfortable with me, and some are really excited that I'm here.

I've kind of accepted that I don't really think I'm going to have German friends here, at least not really my age in Gross-Bieberau. Fortunately, there are some TA's in the area that I can hang out with. I hung out with Emily (TA in Roedermark, living in Darmstadt), Jessica (TA in Darmstadt, living just outside of Darmstadt), and Lisa (TA in Frankfurt). We hung out Friday night and yesterday. Tomorrow we are making dinner together at Emily's and may be going to a movie. We are planning to hopefully get together at least once every week to make dinner at someone's apartment.

Tomorrow Emily and I are headed to the University in Darmstadt to hopefully, finally get ourselves registered! We both have our diplomas and transripts, so hopefully it will work out. Then Tuesday we are heading to Poland. We are planning on going to Warsaw and Krakow for about a week. Lisa may come with us to Warsaw and then come back. We are pretty excited. Emily and I have both never been to Poland, so it should be quite the adventure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kat!!!

Well it's sorta snowed here but not too bad! It's cold and windy. Fall Soccer is over we finished 11-2-1 so it was pretty fun!!! Now at school i'm currently in the jazz band, concert band, drumline, and choir. My band teacher forced me to play in jazz band cause i'm top chair in the 7th grade percussion. I played my first pep band on snare at a varsity volleyball game. Varsity Soccer girls is over and lost to Albert Lea 4-0 in the Quarter Finals for the Section. So that's pretty good for a first year. Leaf burning is bad this season so ceci's asthma is acting up. We were going to go pheasent hunting yesterday morning but your sister was bending down to put somehthing in our bag before we left and she pulled some muscles in her back so she couldn't get up. or move at all. so i suggested we give her a blanket ride to the couch. she couldn't even sit up. So we did and got her to the couch. Now she's alot better cause she can now, sit up, walk, stand, but she still can't sit down from standing up. Do germany have a kind or queen and does the queen wear a diadem. (PS this is an assignment on MEA break! My dad is so worked up because i'm just doin the computer and tv all break) My dad thinks i am sometimes verrucke. (PSS what does that mean? He made me put it in) Anyways what's new over in germany? well i g2g ttyl.
Soccer Freak