Saturday, December 02, 2006

Too warm for December...

50 degrees. That's the high for today. It's December 2nd and the high is 50? Over the next ten days the lowest high is 43. Although it's nice that it is sunny today, it draws away from the Advent/Christmas season. Emily and I are headed to the Weihnachtsmarkt in Erbach today. Neither one of us has been there, but we saw a sign for the Markt, and it looks cool. (But it would probably look cooler with snow.) I guess I'll just have to hope it will be cold and snowy when I'm home for Christmas (less than 3 weeks).

Last night Emily and I went to the Weihnachstmarkt at my school. All the different class bake or make things to sell. All the proceeds are donated to charity. It was really neat. The school was decorated, and there were kids and parents all over. I saw a number of my students, so that was fun.

Yesterday my sister Rebecca and my nephew Robert both celebrated their birthdays. I always remember when Rebecca and I were little, I would get a present on her birthday as well. We both always got wrapped advent calenders.

1 comment:

jgaither627 said...

hey kathryn!

I just discovered the other day that you've been blogging...I don't know how I missed that being the enginerd that I am. Anyway I spent the past couple days reading your posts at the expense of Boston Scientific.

Well i guess I should get some work done, but I thought I'd say hello.