Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving and a Great Monday

So as is becoming my habit, I have not posted in quite a while. I've been meaning to, but haven't. Things are going pretty well. I just got home for the day, and it was a great day. Today I went to a 5th grade class. They first asked me questions in English, but they were pretty limited since they've only been learning English for about 8 weeks. At the end they were able to ask me in German. At the end of the class, 2 girls came up and give me pictures they had drawn. It was so sweet! I'm going to hang up the pictures in my apartment. Today I also did a Thanksgiving lesson for the 6th graders. It was really fun. They drew turkeys from tracing their hands and we listened and sang to Over the River and Through the Wood. I think they all liked it (and they were all very interested in my ipod!)

Thursday evening Emily and I flew to Vienna for a Waldsee Thanksgiving weekend. It was a fabulous weekend! We stayed with my friend Lynn from Notre Dame. She has a great apartment and it was so fun to see her! My friend, Liz, organized Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday. We had everything - turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, cornbreak, and more! I made stuffing for the first time ever, so that was exciting. There were 16 of us at Thanksgiving dinner. It was so great to see so many Waldsee people! In addition to celebrathing Thanksgiving we spent the weekend hanging out and staying up way too late talking at night, and on Friday night we went to see the new Bond movie. I didn't really take any pictures this weekend, but will hopefully get some from people soon!

I fly home for Christmas in less than 4 weeks, which I am very excited about! In the meantime I will be visiting lots of Weihnachtsmärkte (Christmas markets)! Also, I've talked to some various teachers about bringing in American Christmas carols when Christmas gets close, so that should be fun. This evening I am planning to meet Emily at the Weihnachtsmarkt in Darmstadt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for including me in such a great weekend!

P.S. The stuffing was AMAZING!

P.P.S. Stefan and his friends are obsessed with the new can opener. Really.