Sunday, March 25, 2007

Kuks in Germany!





This past weekend, one of my roommates, Katie, from college came to visit. Katie is currently in grad school at Princeton for civil engineering. Her sister is studying abroad in Salamanca, Spain, so she came to Europe for her spring break! It was so wonderful to have her here!
Katie flew in from Madrid on Thursday evening, so we spent the night in Frankfurt. We walked around the Zeil (the main shopping area)and then headed to Sachsenhausen for some traditional German food and Apfelwein. Then we headed back to Darmstadt to stay with Emily for the weekend.
On Friday, Katie and I headed to Gross-Bieberau, so she could see where I live. She got to see all the highlights - beaver statues, war monument, my school, and my apartment. That night we went out for pizza in Darmstadt with Emily and then for a drink at a Mexican restaurant.
Saturday Emily, Katie, and I took the train to Heidelberg. On the way, Kate, another TA, joined us. Although the weather wasn't great, Heidelberg was still really pretty. We went up to the castle and walked around the old town. In addition we got ice cream at an Eiscafe and split a boot of beer.
This morning, I took Katie to the airport. It was such a blast to have here, so I was pretty sad to leave her at the airport. Hopefully, I will get to see her this summer though!
This afternoon I met up with Lisa, Kate, and Emily to see Music and Lyrics at the English movie theatre in Frankfurt. It was really cute, and we all enjoyed it.

No comments: