Monday, March 19, 2007

So much to talk about...




So I haven't posted in a while, and that is due to the fact that I've been pretty busy and gone. I met Maria again in Frankfurt on Thursday March 8th after she had worked in Bonn. We met up with Lisa, Emily, Thomas, and his girlfriend, Sara to go bowling. It was really fun. Needless to say none of us should turn to a career in professional bowling, but we had a lot of fun. After bowling we went out for a drink in Sachsenhausen, which was fun as well.
On Friday Maria, Emily, and I headed down to Mannheim. We spent most of the day just walking around and shopping. The most exciting thing for me that day was that I have been searching for pink golashes since I studied abroad in Innsbruck. I found an absolutely adorable pair in Mannheim, so I was really excited. It was also appropriate that Maria was there since she has been there since the beginning of my search!
Saturday, we slept in and then I headed back to Gross-Bieberau, so I could get organized. Maria spent the day buying gifts and things in Darmstadt. That night we went out for pizza with Jessica.
Sunday morning we got up early and headed to Frankfurt. In Frankfurt Emily and I left Maria and headed to Berlin. Maria was not flying out until Monday, but I had to leave on Sunday to go to the annual conference hosted by ther German Fulbright Commission. It was great to have Maria here and be able to introduce her to my friends here and show her around.
I will post more about Berlin later, I need to go finish up lesson plans for tomorrow!
Saturday I had

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love the galoshes!
can't wait to talk to you!
love, r