Thursday, April 26, 2007

8 Weeks Left in the Bieberau


So I fly home from Germany 8 weeks from yesterday, and my parents come 2 weeks from today. In some ways I feel like time has been gone really quickly, but at the same time I feel like I've been here forever. I have some fun things planned for the rest of the time here, so I think time will go by quickly.
I've started tutoring a 6th grade girl who lives in Gross-Bieberau but goes to school the next town over. It's nice to have another activity during the week. I also really enjoy working one on one with her. She is relatively weak (corrected thanks to lynny)in English, but has a good attitude and is willing to learn.
The weather here has been wonderful. It's like summer here. I'm really enjoying it, but I'm hoping it doesn't get much warmer, because then school will be miserable. This weekend I'm heading to Freiburg with Emily. There we will meet up with Liz and her friend, Lana. Lana and Liz studied there together the same year I was in Innsbruck. We are also planning to see Lise, another counselor from camp. She is working on her PhD in Biology at the University there.

(The picture is from Katie's visit in March...Gross-Bieberau is a lot prettier now that it's warm and sunny!)

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I had to laugh at the unintentional misspelling of "week in English." Sorry I'm a dork, but I find myself making more spelling mistakes more than ever, so I had to point that out.

Anonymous said...

Phew, glad you clarified. That sky does not look summer-y!