Thursday, April 12, 2007

Santorini






Santorini was definitely my favorite place we went. I felt like I could have stayed there forever. Pictures just cannot capture the beauty. We spent our time on Santorini enjoying the sun and relaxing meals on rooftop terrasses. While in Greece we had Greek Salad at least once a day, and I believe I am now going through withdrawl.
One day we tried to go to Akrotiri, an ancient city preserved by lava. Unfortunately, a roof collapsed on the excavation building last year and the site is closed. Our trip did not go to waste though, because there was red sand beach nearby where we spent the day. Also during our time on Santorini we were able to see some of the Holy Week and Easter celebrations, so that was really interesting for us.
After our time on Santorini we took a ferry on Sunday night back to Piraeus.

No comments: