Thursday, January 25, 2007

Lahdee, Lahdaa, Frau Hoodecheck ist da...

So, this is the song that some of the 6th graders sang when I came in today. They're so fun. They love singing and doing activities. They are currently learning about accidents and along with that about body parts, so today they sang "Dry Bones". They were all wonderfully enthusiastic.

This week has been pretty quiet. I didn't have too much to do - lots of observing. The most exciting thing that happened this weeks is that winter arrived in Germany. Monday morning I woke up to find it about 20 degrees colder than it's been the entire time of been here. Now compared to Minnesota, it's not really that cold, around 30 degrees, but I've become accustomed to the mild winter we'd been having. Also, winter is far less fun for those (such as myself) who are reliant on public transportation (in particular a bus that likes to run 20 minutes late).

Next weekend my sister Amy is coming to Europe with my brother-in-law John. I'm extremely excited! Amy and I chatted last night and made plans. I will meet them at the Munich airport when they arrive on Friday morning. We will spend Friday night in Munich, Saturday night in Salzburg, and Sunday night in Innsbruck (I've arranged with my school to have Monday off). It should be a wonderful weekend. From Innsbruck I will head back here while Amy and John will travel onto Venice, Florence, and Rome.

No comments: