Thursday, January 18, 2007

Stormy Day


Normally on Thursdays I have my after school AG, but today school is cancelled after 6th period due to stormy weather. The weather is crazy - super windy (over 30mph), stragely warm (over 50 degrees, but it's been like that a lot), cloudy and rainy. There are thunderstomr warnings, but I'm not exactly sure what the concern is to end school early. Regardless, I'm taking it as a sign that I should spend the rest of the day hanging out at my apartment. I was going to go to the bank, post office and library, but those errands will have to wait.

In other news, school went relatively well yesterday. I had a great time with the 12th graders. We played a translation game and then "Apples to Apples". It was great! I'm hopefully going to play with the 13th graders next week. I had some problems with the 9th graders - I think they were trying to take advantage of me, but it worked out. I also really liked the 11th graders. There are a few boys who were somewhat unruly that I had to speak sternly to, but most of them were great. Also, the exchange student from the states is in that class, so I talked to her some more.

(The picture is from at the Weihnachtsmarkt in Erbach at the beginning of December. I thought Rebecca might like it espcially, plus pictures make my blog more fun!)

1 comment:

jgaither627 said...

glad you're back to posting, it helps me procrastinate at work! :-)