Thursday, September 14, 2006

Continuing on...


I'm still figuring out the whole posting pictures thing. I haven't figured out how to post them anywhere other than at the beginning of an entry. This is my apartment from the outside though. It is the lower section of the house on the backside(my windows look at the backyard). I have my own entrance (complete with doorbell and outside light). My apartment is very nice. It has 4 rooms - bedroom, living room, kitchen, and bathroom. I have pictures of all the rooms, but I'm afraid it will get hard to load this if i post them all at once.

Today has been a pretty good day. I spent quite a bit of time at school, which was nice. I observed four different classes and made a schedule for observing next week. Next week I am going to meet with Herr Boeker, who is like the assistant principal. Herr Boeker is in charge of all the scheduling. Next week I will be observing more English classes include all of the 9th and 10th grade bilingual History classes. Also, I will be going to some of the 6th grade English classes, which will be interesting (students start with English in 5th grade). Additionally, I requested to sit in on some Spanish classes, so I will be observing some 9th and 10th grade Spanish classes. I think it will be interesting to see if the same teaching techniques will be used in Spanish classes as in English classes. I am also interested in comparing it to my own Spanish-learning experience (I took Spanish in school from 5th through 12th grade).

Tomorrow I will once again be with the 9th graders for their bilingual History class. I also will be going to an 11th grade German class. I am most excited about sitting in on two classes of 13th grade English. This will be the oldest and most advanced students in the school. The woman who teaches this class has been really helpful. Also, I think I will be regularily working with this class as well as the bilingual History classes once I get a more permanent schedule.

This weekend I am heading down to Weil am Rhein, where my friend Erin from Notre Dame lives with her family. My friend Emily from Waldsee is coming down as well. I am really excited to have some time with some familiar faces. Plus we are going to watch the Notre Dame game versus Michigan on Saturday, so I am really looking forward to that!

Go Irish! Beat Wolverines!

No comments: