Monday, September 18, 2006

Weekend in Weil

This weekend, my friend, Emily (on the right in the photo), and I took the train down to visit my friend, Erin, from Notre Dame (on the left). Erin's family is living in Wei am Rhein, Germany, and Erin is doing medical research at the Universit in Basel. We spent most of the weekend just hanging out with Erin's family. Erin is the third of eight children. Her three youngest siblings, Jamie, Emily, and Joey (ages 13, 12, and 11) are living with her parents in Germany and attending an international school there.
Saturday night we got to watch the Notre Dame game against Michigan. Unfortunately the game did not go as we all had hoped, but we still had fun. We cooked up a German tailgate with Wurst and Kartoffelsalat and even played some beer pong, Also, Bryan, a 2000 ND grad living in Basel joined us for the game.
It was really nice to get some time to hang out with people that I know and hang out in a family setting. Coming back to Gross-Bieberau was a bit of an adventure because my train from Frankfurt to Reinheim was delayed, but it all worked out. This week I will be observing again at school and putting together a regular schedule for what classes I will be working with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, kat. here's hoping that the MSU game goes much better than last week's game.