Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Day 1 of Observing

Well this picture pretty much shows the most exciting happenings of today. I did my first observing today and met some students. In addition I was able to get a bike from my school. This picture shows some of the 10th graders during their gym class. In addition on the far right is my mentor, Monika.

Today I observed three classes - a 9th grade history class taught in English, a 10th grade German class, and a 10th grade theatre class. I was also able to get to know some more teachers. I met three of the English teachers in addition to Monika. I also met some of the younger teachers and one student teacher.

The school also gave me a bike today, and Monika was kind enough to buy me a lock. I'm really excited to have a bike, because it will give me a lot more mobility in gettting around the area. This afternoon I biked to Reinheim, it's only about 3 miles away, to the train station there. So, now I can easily get myself to a train station. There is also a bus I can take to Reinheim or Darmstadt.

The weather has been great since I got here. Yesterday and today it was around 80 degrees. Unfortunately it's going to cool down and get rainy over the weekend, which may interfere with biking around! Tomorrow I think I'm going to try biking to Dieburg, which is a little farther than Reinheim.

No comments: